Posted by : Minhaj Uddin Saturday, March 2, 2013
If you are senior bowler of your team and your bowling is going not well and you are not in form , So below are steps given by specialist
- First you have to change your bowling style for sometime if it worked then bowl with your choice.
- Is your wrist firm, with the thumb on the inside pointing towards your usual thumb clock positions, such as 10 or 11o'clock? Is your grip secure, firm but relaxed?
- Check your starting position and finishing position. Are you drifting right or left? Have you moved your starting position or target at the line without realizing it?
- Are you rushing the line? Are your hips square to the line at delivery? Are you sliding straight at the line?
- Have you speed up the ball or slowed it down without realizing it?
- Are you releasing your thumb properly and is the ball going out over the line you chose? Are your fingers clenched after the ball is delivered, or is your hand open?
- Do you actually see the ball go over its target on the lane, or are you pulling out of the ball, cutting short your follow-through?
- Are you pointing the ball into the headpin, or trying to aim the ball rather than let it roll?
- Is your elbow wandering from your body, causing a side-arm or topping of the ball?
- Are you dropping the ball before you get it out over the foul line? Or are you lofting the ball too far out over the foul line?
- Are you taking into consideration the fact that the lanes may be running more than they were at the beginning of the game? Should you change your line or target?
- Do you have a proper knee bend at the line? Or are you nose down into the lane?
- If all fails go back to basics, Take your time on every delivery and make them successful attempts.